EL ROI

 


EL ROI

Genesis 16:13-14 KJV

"And she called the name of the Lord that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me? [14] Wherefore the well was called Beer-lahai-roi; behold, it is between Kadesh and Bered."

 

One of the greatest gifts is the ability to see. The gift of sight is one that cannot be traded. I remember when I was in primary school, i had a challenge with my vision,  it was so bad that I was not allowed to open my eyes. I was having plaster and couldn't  stay under the direct ray of the sun. This was because if I came under the sun i felt as if my eyes was going to come out. Until God miraculously healed me. This experience alone gave me a first hand chance to understand the value of sight or vision.

Now, one character of God is that He sees. Our God is not blind. Psalm 94:9 KJV says that "He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? he that formed the eye, shall he not see?"

 

This attribute also is a strong differential between God and other gods of the world. 

Psalm 135:15-16 KJV states it clearly that "The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. [16] They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not."

 

From our lead text, we see Hagar praying and she mentioned El Roi (one of the names of God). In many situations and circumstances when we pray we tend to address God based on the specific need at hand. For instance when we ask God for for supply we call Him Jireh. Now, Hagar was having a very rough time and she prayed and called on El Roi. 

El Roi means "The God who sees me." It can also further mean my Shepherd, the seeing God, or the one who is looking after me, or one whose gaze is on me. This is a powerful revelation of who God is to you and what He does to you. You are never out of His sight. If you feel forgotten, invisible and left all alone by everyone else. Just know that God sees you. He sees your struggles, and your pain; and He comes to help you. He sees your needs and if He could take care of the needs of the sparrows, He will take care of your needs. 


I want you to note this two points:

1. The eyes of the Lord captured all your days on earth before you came into existence. So He sees you and knows everything about you. 

"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed" - Psalm 139:16 (New Living Translation)


2. The eyes of the Lord goes round the earth looking for those He will show Himself strong on their behalf.

2 Chronicles 16:9 KJV

"For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars." 

God is looking at you today to show you favour, mercy and uncommon help.

I encourage you today that El Roi sees that disappointments you are going through 

El Roi sees that pain and shame around. He sees how you are being mocked. 

God sees how the enemy tries to slow you down. 

He sees your secret cry 

He sees the efforts you are putting in to see that your life takes a major shift 

He sees you and hear me He will respond to you!!

God cannot see and not fix

God cannot see and not help

God cannot see and not turn around 

I pray for you today, El Roi is lifting you and changing your story for His glory in Jesus Name 

Comments

  1. Hallelujah Amen Praise be to God. El Roi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts