NO LONGER

TREASURES OF GRACE (Daily Devotional)
SATURDAY, 11TH FEBRUARY 2017

TOPIC: NO LONGER 
SCRIPTURE: I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me - Galatians 2:20
MEMORY VERSE: Galatians 5:16

DIGGING DEEP: God's plan to give us victory over sin is by putting us to death. I know your heart skipped a bit, but i mean that God wants us crucified and dead to sin (Romans 6:11). This is important because:
1. A dead man is not tempted to sin.
2. It doesn't matter the type of temptation placed before him, he will never respond to it.
Our anchor Scripture states that "it is no longer i that lives, but Christ that lives in me". This implies that:
A. I stop living for myself and start living for Him.
B. I lost control and authority over my body and am now the temple of the Holy Spirit, which is in me.
C. I don't own myself anymore, I have been bought with a price, and i exist only to glorify God in my spirit, soul and body.
Most Christians don't understand this and so they are part time Christians. That is why they are traditional believers who come to church, warm the seats, sing the songs, listen to the Word without having true fellowship with God and they feel that they have fulfilled a weekly spiritual obligation. Hence few hours into the week they belong to Jesus, the rest is the theatre of the pursuit of their own desires and will.
Understand this, believing in your heart and confessing Jesus is one part and making Him your Lord is another part. Many end up just accepting Him as Saviour and don't acknowledge Him as their Lord.
Every true child of God has renounced and hands off his control over his life and have totally submitted himself to follow the orders of Jesus.
This is what the Lordship of Christ is all about. Been saved is wonderful but moving into His Lordship over your life is wonderfully powerful, indeed it is super-awesome. It is the hallmark of our day to day walk with God. It is the major secret of divine encounters. If Jesus Christ is truly my Lord, then I must trust and obey Him absolutely, and strive to please him in every way.
The Apostles understood this and that is why they speak of themselves as "bond servants of Jesus Christ" (Romans 1:1, James 1:1, II Peter 1:1, Jude 1:1). The Lordship of Jesus is then to have all your beign bond to our Lord Jesus. In this your will is gone, your desires are distilled away, your ego and name is submitted to Him. It is a state of absolute and total surrender where all you are is His and all of Him is now yours.
I want you today also to totally come under the Lordship of Jesus. So declare this, "I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

PRAYER: O Lord i refuse to live my life on my own premise. I live for you alone in Jesus' name.

QUOTE: Any life outside Christ is old fashion. Until God take hold of your sin consciousness you can't live unto righteousness - Dr. Dabbas Joel

DAILY READING: Revelation 10, 1 Samuel 21-22


ATTEND OUR POWER PACKED SERVICES AND EXPERIENCE THE SUPERNATURAL.

WE'LL LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU  (TESTIMONIES, PRAYER REQUESTS)
PLEASE WRITE TO US:                                                                                                                                              dabbasjoel@gmail.com
                                  Or
gracefoundationministriesinternational@gmail.com
JOIN OUR BBM CHANNEL: C00417B0E
READ, FOLLOW, LIKE, ENGAGE, AND COMMENT @ http:/ /http://dabbasjoel.blogspot.com.ng

Grace Foundation Ministry...making a total man...

© 2017 TREASURES OF GRACE

Comments

Popular Posts